OnlyRestaurantJobs.com is happy to provide sample / suggested bartending jobs descriptions. Feel free to cut and paste any sample bartending job description into the job description box on the “Post a Job” form. Companies who provide detailed descriptions and selling points about their opportunity are more likely to receive targeted quality candidates.
BARTENDER / BAR BACK
Overall Responsibilities: Mix and serve drinks directly or through wait staff. Maintain a positive and friendly attitude.
Bartender Experience: At least 1+ year of experience as a bartender and a strong knowledge of mixing and serving drinks. Knowledge of wine and beer is also required. Must be at least 21 years old.
Bartender / Bar Back Job Details:
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers’ excessive drinking.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from customers.
- Prepare cocktails / drinks.
- Take food orders and serve guests.
- Prepare garnishments for drinks and food.
- Create drink recipes.
- Process / collect money for drinks served.
- Clean glasses, utensils, bar equipment, etc.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, snacks, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, straws, etc.
- OTHER SPECIFIC INFORMATION ABOUT THIS POSITION.