OnlyRestaurantJobs.com is happy to provide a sample / suggested chef job description. Feel free to cut and paste any sample description into the job description box on the “Post a Job” form. Companies who provide detailed descriptions and selling points about their opportunity are more likely to receive targeted quality candidates.
Overall Responsibilities: Responsibilities vary but generally include the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, and / or other foods. May also be involved in pricing menu items, and ordering, maintaining, and inventorying supplies.
Chef Experience: Previous work experience as a chef or sous chef is required for this position. Education from a culinary school is a big plus.
Chef Job Details:
- Strong knowledge of sanitation practices.
- Ability to effectively work and / or manage all employees including FOH and BOH.
- Maintain schedule for kitchen staff.
- Chop, prepare, weigh, measure, and successfully prepare a variety of foods using various equipment.
- Ability to train, teach and mentor others on quality practices.
- Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation.
- Establish food requirements and food costs.
- Responsible for making sure food is presented and displayed successfully.
- May visit dining area.
- OTHER SPECIFIC INFORMATION ABOUT THIS POSITION