What’s a Head Coach?
If you love running a balanced business, growing a team and creating an excellent guest experience, come work at sweetgreen. We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious individuals to lead our locations in Boston.
Every day in our stores, our teams make real food from scratch — you’ll oversee a full-service BOH operation, as well as a quick-service FOH model. The Head Coach is the anchor of the store — you’re an enthusiastic leader, a quick thinker, a problem-solver a skilled communicator and a motivator.
We want sweetgreen to be a transformative place, and we pride ourselves on providing a clear career path with opportunities for leadership, personal growth and professional development. There’s a reason we call it a “Head Coach” and not a “General manager” – we’re inspired by John Wooden’s approach to leadership.
What you’ll do:
Here at sweetgreen, we have 6 core values — they embody our culture, spirit and dedication to doing what’s right. They keep us aligned, influence how we lead, and help us make decisions about everything from the food we serve to the impact we have on our people. And they’re the lens through which you’ll build a successful business.
- Win Win Win: Develop a team by identifying talent (community), building skill set through training (customer) + growing future company leaders (company)
- Think Sustainably: Create systems that drive successful store and team performance
- Keep it Real: Build meaningful relationships with your team and customers, rooted in authenticity — invest time to build trust
- Add the Sweet Touch: Empower your team to create meaningful connections with each other and the guest every day.
- Make an Impact: Inspire your team, own your business, and architect customer service experiences across all touch points
- Live the Sweetlife: Celebrate your passion and your purpose
What you’ve got:
- 5+ years’ experience in restaurant management
- Experience in fast casual restaurant chains (preferred)
- Managed and developed 25+ team members per shift
- P&L, COGS, Developing Budgets, Financial Planning and Strategy, Decision Making, Process Improvement,Strategic Planning, Labor/Scheduling, Training & Team Development, Quality Focus
- Experience in Food Safety + Planning
- Regional Manager’s Food Safety Certification required (ServSafe Manager’s Certification)
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage + labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff
- sweetgreen DNA:
- Coachable: actively looks for feedback to grow and improve
- Self-starters: takes initiative, thinks of the big picture, relays store needs and communicates with the team
- Customer service-oriented: Passion for the guest experience, service driven
- Innovative: utilizes and designs business processes with the customer, community and company in mind
- Passionate about real food: appreciation for the greater mission of farm-to-table foods
- High-energy, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
What you’ll get:
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Complimentary sweetgreen
- Flexible scheduling, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on sales, labor + food costs
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Free sweetgreen swag through our Shades of Green tenure program
- Come live your sweetlife with us!
sweetgreen is a destination for simple, seasonal, healthy food — we’re building healthier communities by connecting people with real food. Our food is delicious, healthy, and transparent, and we work with small + midsize farmers who think sustainability and grow great food.