Purpose of the job
Management of food production and service of all areas of the culinary department, maintaining Langham Hotel Boston standards through organization, delegation and supervision of culinary team as well as “hands on” production
1. Organize and supervise production and service needs in assigned areas of culinary services
2. Train, delegate and supervise culinary staff to reach quality standard and time goals through motivation and coaching.
3. Communicate to all food and beverage management on operational issues through verbal and non- verbal means
4. Ensure quality preparation and presentation of menu items, as well as general sanitation, in accordance with established Langham Hotel standards, recipes and procedures.
5. Oversee production of all sauces, soups and stocks
1. Creative input on menu development and banqueting and outlet services
2. Maintain professional climate during function services between culinary, wait staff and other managers
3. Prepare and present all menu items to perspective guest and be able to answer any questions that they might have.
4. Ensure that all equipment is in good repair, is clean, and is operating to specifications.
5. Assist the executive chef and executive sous chef in ensuring all food costs, operating expenses and labor costs relative to the kitchen are met.
6. Maintain safety and sanitation standards throughout department
7. Serve wholesome food through implementation of HACCP standards. Understand and ensure allergen procedures and codes are followed.
About The Langham, Boston
Classic British elegance and style in a historic Boston landmark. Relax in sublime comfort and experience our legendary hospitality at The Langham, Boston. Set in an ideal downtown location for business and leisure travelers, The Langham, Boston offers a unique blend of historic charm and urban sophistication next to the city’s most in-demand shopping, dining and attractions. Dining experiences complemented by the classic interiors of the former Federal Bank of Boston. Discover Executive Chef Mark Sapienza’s fresh take on contemporary New England cuisine at our restaurants and bars.