RESTAURANT OPERATIONS CONTROLLER
We are looking for an experienced Controller that will work closely with the restaurants to achieve revenue goals. This position will oversee one Accounting Clerk. This is an exciting job and is very hands on. The Controller would need to partner with the General Managers in the restaurants and visit the them frequently. Not a typical accounting desk position.
CONTROLLER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
· Financial statement reporting formats that will allow comparisons to budget and prior year and
integrate transaction counts and transaction averages into financial reporting.
· Weekly reporting and evaluation of prime costs in comparison to budget
· Prepare a monthly income statement budget for the first fiscal year of operations; upload to
· Review systems for controlling cash on a daily basis
· Prepare accurate and timely financial statements
· Conduct meeting with management to review financial performance, enrich management’s
understanding of the financial impact of operational decisions and help improve controls.
· Prepare annual financial statements and provide Client’s tax accountant with information
necessary to complete tax returns
· Full understand of multi-unit restaurant operations
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance and/or Accounting;
· Eight (8) years related experience in Food and Beverage/Hospitality overseeing multiple revenue streams in excess of $70mm
· Ability to prepare and analyze P&L statements, apply timeliness and accuracy in recording and reporting
· Enforce financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems; develop the most efficient working plans of action to maximize return on financial assets and/or unit performance
· Advanced proficiency is MS Office suite, with particular expertise in Excel
· Knowledge of inventory management systems and point of sale systems
· Solid training in all areas of Accounting from A/P, A/R, General Ledger, Credit, Collections, Audit, Inventory control, Payroll, Budgeting, Costing, P&L preparation and analysis, etc. Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
· Ability to be hands-on and thrives in a fluid environment
· Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
· Strong organization skills, detail oriented, ability to multi-task