As a Banquet Manager, you would be responsible for managing the daily execution of all banquet functions in the continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Manage daily Banquet events to include, but not limited to, planning, organizing and executing breakfasts, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, cocktail receptions, galas, etc.
• Oversee the set-up of function rooms to include, but not limited to, the placement of linens, silver, glassware and chinaware according to event specifications and a full inspection.
• Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward.
• Recruit, interview and train team members.
• Communicate event specifications, procedures and changes with appropriate staff and management.
• Oversee the break-down of the event rooms and ensure proper storage of equipment.
• Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
• Partner with the sales team to engage new clients and sustain relationships with existing clients.
• Support the Lafayette House team as a whole — pitching in in other areas of the business (a la carte, bar, etc.) as business needs require.
About Lafayette House
Lafayette House is a family owned and operated fine dining restaurant, tavern and banquet facility. Since opening in April of 1986, the Lafayette House has striven to become a Northern New Jersey favorite earning a reputation for great food, attentive service and beautiful ambiance. Our multifaceted restaurant includes a fine dining room, a two story tavern, cozy lounge bar, private dining rooms and a formal grand ballroom. We can cater to all our clients' personal, family and business needs. The family is passionate about maintaining it's long-standing business reputation and looks for the same commitment from all the staff, who are then treated like family. Nothing gives us more pride than knowing that we have employees who have been with the company since its inception -- a rare find in the restaurant business. Learn more about our business at www.thelafayettehouse.com.