The Host/Hostess is the first person our guests see or speak to when they arrive at or call our venue and is therefore an extremely important person to our business. In this role, you will…
• Warmly greet guests as they arrive and take them to their seats. Answer any immediate questions the patrons have and introduce them to their server.
• Inspect and maintain the dining facilities, sometimes instructing the buss staff and servers.
• Help take drink orders/deliver drinks. Help clear/reset tables.
• Answers phones and directs calls according
• Schedules dining reservations.
• Directs the dining room staff on customer needs to ensure customers receive fast and quality service from the moment they arrive.
About Lafayette House
Lafayette House is a family owned and operated fine dining restaurant, tavern and banquet facility. Since opening in April of 1986, the Lafayette House has striven to become a Northern New Jersey favorite earning a reputation for great food, attentive service and beautiful ambiance. Our multifaceted restaurant includes a fine dining room, a two story tavern, cozy lounge bar, private dining rooms and a formal grand ballroom. We can cater to all our clients' personal, family and business needs. The family is passionate about maintaining it's long-standing business reputation and looks for the same commitment from all the staff, who are then treated like family. Nothing gives us more pride than knowing that we have employees who have been with the company since its inception -- a rare find in the restaurant business. Learn more about our business at www.thelafayettehouse.com.