The Host/Hostess is responsible for creating an enjoyable dining experience for residents and their guests in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with WEL established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the management staff, to assure that quality service is provided at all times.
Host/Hostess essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for creating an enjoyable dining experience for residents and their guests.
- Follows established style and order of service while serving in the main dining room and at special functions.
- As necessary for performance of job duties, reads journals, bulletins, in-house communication and memos, policy and procedure and employee handbook.
- Assists with staff training and development.
- Ability to supervise and direct staff regarding the operations of the dining service department.
- Ability to make good decisions in handling situations that may occur in daily operations.
- Updates meal reservations/cancelations.
- Assures all residents are properly charges for meals. Enter billing information into the computer program.
- Maintain proper dining temperatures and controls lighting prior to and at the end of the meal service.
- Maintains host/hostess station in a neat and orderly manner.
- Makes dining rounds to assure that the residents/guests needs are met.
- Handles resident complaints and reports to GM.
- Assures staff is in proper uniform, including footwear, name badge.
- Assures menus are available in both dining rooms and order forms are available for the scheduled meal.
- Takes a turn serving on committees such as safety and resident review. Contributes to discussions and developing solutions to problems or concerns. Supports group decisions.
- Responds to concerns raised by residents, co-workers and visitors by helping them to reach satisfactory conclusion.
- Written communications are clear, concise and timely in providing and responding to information.
- Raises concerns and differences of opinion in an appropriate manner, place and time. Reserves judgment until all facts are gathered. Conducts self in a calm and positive manner.
- Ensures all needs are met per diet restrictions of PC residents.
- Assists with the operations of both the PC and IL dining rooms.
- Follows all HACCP policies and procedures that govern safe food handling.
- Assists with prepping of cold food and beverages. Refrigerates items when necessary.
- Take food orders. Serves soup, pours coffee, bread service etc.
- Serves the food for the scheduled meal. Busses dirty dishes to the kitchen. Helps scrape dishes.
- Completes all opening and closing assignments.
- Clean/resets dining room. Cleans kitchen.
- Sweeps. Mops floors and runs vacuum daily.
- Performs all ware washing following set codes regarding temperatures, sanitizing etc. Maintains dish machine. (De-lime/sanitize, etc.).
- Maintains proper soap levels. Sorts/clean silverware. Cleans/sanitizes all cooking pots and pans. Cleans food carts.
- Discards all trash and recyclables to proper area. Keeps trash cans/cardboard containers clean. Keeps mop sink clean and free of debris.
- Assists with the unpacking, dating and storage of all delivered food and supplies. Breaks down all cardboard boxes.
- Assists with catering functions.
- Locations Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety procedures, and assists with evacuation of residents to a safer location in the event of fire or other emergency.
- Cooperates with staff of other departments in performing job duties.
- Identify safety hazards or acute resident problems and inform manager of needed attention.
- Reports to manager at the end of the shift before clocking out.
About Wesley Enhanced Living
Our Dining Team is dedicated to maintaining the highest customer service and quality standards. Our commitment goes beyond preparing and serving meals; Wesley Enhanced Living is proud to be part of a green initiative that uses eco-friendly products and containers. Every meal is created in our kitchens and is prepared by experienced culinarians and served with a smile.
If you are inspired by our mission to make a compelling difference in the lives of seniors, are enthusiastic about life-long learning, and are seeking employment in a close-knit community where your strengths will be valued, Wesley Enhanced Living is the place to be! Our unique leadership initiative, workplace culture, and vision of lifelong learning for our entire staff promotes innovation and excellence within an inspiring, rewarding work environment.