The Dining Aide/Server is responsible for creating an enjoyable dining experience for residents and their guests in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with WEL established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the management and supervisory staff, to assure that quality service is provided at all times.
Dining Aide/Server essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for creating an enjoyable dining experience for residents and their guests.
- Follows established style and order of service while serving in the main dining room and at special functions.
- Checks with hostess on duty for special meal arrangements for given meal and carry out plan throughout shift.
- Is familiar with menu, including key ingredients and preparation methods.
- Set and reset tables quickly and accurately according to meal requirements of the health center.
- Ensure that all glassware, china and flatware are clean and chip-free.
- Serve residents promptly in an orderly and well-mannered way, following accepted standard meal service routines.
- Bus tables and load and unload tray in organized way to expedite tasks.
- Follow proper storage procedures for any food items (label, cover, date etc).
- Follows all safety and sanitation rules and regulations.
- Possesses the ability to follow instructions, work well with others and maintain a good rapport with residents.
- Refers all problems to host/hostess or member of the management and supervisory staff.
- Follows rules concerning required uniform and personal appearance. Consistently present a clean, professional appearance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety procedures, and assists with evacuation of residents to a safer location in the event of fire or other emergency.
- Cooperates with staff of other departments in performing job duties.
- Identify safety hazards or acute resident problems and inform manager of needed attention.
About Wesley Enhanced Living
Our Dining Team is dedicated to maintaining the highest customer service and quality standards. Our commitment goes beyond preparing and serving meals; Wesley Enhanced Living is proud to be part of a green initiative that uses eco-friendly products and containers. Every meal is created in our kitchens and is prepared by experienced culinarians and served with a smile.