Directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control and sanitation and cleanliness for one restaurant unit.
Accurately and efficiently menu items as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating cooked items.
Weekend shifts and holidays are required to work.
· Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
· Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
· Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
· Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
· Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, kettle, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
· Follows proper plate presentation for all dishes.
· Handles, stores and rotates all products properly (FIFO).
· Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
· Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
· Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement. Performs other related duties as assigned by the General Manager, Manager, or Shift Leader.
About The Original Pancake House-DFW
We have been creating made-from-scratch goodness in the DFW area since 1987, when we opened our first Original Pancake House® franchise in Texas. Since then, it has been our goal to offer quality food and outstanding service to our customers. We are proud to serve you meals that are never microwaved or frozen, and are prepared to order. All of our delicious items made from only premium ingredients that are locally sourced whenever possible. You will be pleasantly surprised by the sweetness of our freshly squeezed juices with no sugar added! Supporting our community is an important belief of ours, so we offer gourmet coffee that is locally sourced and roasted specifically for The Original Pancake House in our Addison, Irving and Fort Worth locations. Currently, we have eight locations in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and we will continue to grow. Our eighth location opened in October 2016 in Fort Worth.