The primary purpose of this position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, as well as sanitation, ordering, scheduling, setting menus, overall supervision of kitchen and as may be directed by the supervisor and/or Director of Dining Services, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
1. Review menus prior to preparation of food. Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus. Meals must be palatable and appetizing in appearance.
2. Inspect special diet trays to assure that the correct diet is served to the resident. Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures. Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus. Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and special diet orders.
3. Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to the Director of Dining Services.
4. Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
5. Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
6. Assist in establishing food service production line, etc., to assure that meals are prepared on time.
7. Be sure that appropriate equipment and utensils are provided with the resident’s meal tray.
8. Prepare and serve substitute foods to residents who refuse foods served according to facility policy.
9. Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
10. Assist in food preparation for special meals, parties, and events.
11. Meet federal and state in-service requirements.
Safety and Sanitation
1. Prepare food, etc., in accordance with sanitary regulations including hand hygiene as well as with established policies and procedures.
2. Ensure that the work area is maintained in a clean and safe manner. Ensure that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained.
Equipment and Supply Functions
1. Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
2. Assist in inventorying and storing in?coming food, supplies, etc., as necessary.
West Hills Village Senior Assisted Living: 5711 SW Multnomah Blvd., Portland, OR 97219 (503-245-7621)
Job Requirements: Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, and elderly people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education and Experience
Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities. Must be knowledgeable of dietary practices and procedures. Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel. Prefer 3 to 4 years experience cooking food from scratch.
Licensing/Certifications: ServSafe Food Handler
Just to tell you a little bit more about us. . .
West Hills Village is a senior living community with 88 residential apartments. We have about 59 employees comprised from our administration, nursing, dietary, maintenance, housekeeping, and life enrichment/activities departments, and we seek to improve each resident’s overall living experience. We support a culture of appreciation, customer service, and gratitude towards our residents and each other.
Hidden away from the muscle of the city, surrounded by lush trees, gardens and flowers, you’ll find a haven here. A beautiful environment, compassionate staff, wonderful friends, and a fulfilling lifestyle all combine to make our community right for you. West Hills is in the perfect location—a wooded setting on five acres, the serene, residential neighborhood of SW Portland’s Multnomah Village.
West Hills Village also offers:
• Stable Leadership
• Engaged staff
• Winner of the 2016 Best of Senior Living, as rated by families on www.SeniorAdvisor.com
• Rewarding environment working with residents, hearing their stories and life experiences
• Opportunities for growth and advancement
• Educational opportunities including online training and tuition assistance program
• Garden Restaurant with fine dining and heart-healthy gourmet meals.
You can apply at web-site at: www.westhillssenior.com. Please contact us if you have any questions or would like additional information. You can also visit us on Facebook at West Hills Village Senior Residence.
Managed by The Goodman Group
West Hills Village Senior Residence is managed by The Goodman Group, one of the most respected names in senior living and health care communities nationwide, and defined by the exceptional lifestyles, care and services. A privately held company, The Goodman Group traces its legacy of excellence back to 1965. The Goodman Group manages over 30 senior living communities nationwide. The Goodman Group’s unique Platinum Service® program, our entire staff follows 20 exceptional service standards that make a real difference in your experience. To learn more, visit: http://thegoodmangroup.com.
Moments matter. Live them well.
LINK TO VIDEO: https://vimeo.com/134221761
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org