JOB SUMMARY: The Restaurant Manager is responsible for two restaurants one seating capacity of 350 and the other 125, coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the designated F&B operations, while maintaining a profitable F&B outlet and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
REPORTS TO: Director of Food & Beverage
PRIMARY DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS: Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
• Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the designated outlets.
• Supervise outlet personnel.
• Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
• Work with other F&B manager and keep them informed of issues as they arise.
• Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
• Assist in coordinating and monitoring all phases of Loss Prevention in the outlet.
• Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
• Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans.
• Monitor quality of service in F&B outlets.
• Assist in menu planning and preparation.
• Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
• Ensure compliance with SOP’s in all outlets.
• Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
• Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during each meal period.
• Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Skytop Lodge standards.
• Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlet (if applicable), including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
• Ensure the training of employees on SOP’s and technical job tasks.
• Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training.
• Complete tip reporting.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
About Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge is a historic and elegant all season resort located on 5,500 acres in the beautiful mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania. Since 1928, Skytop Lodge Resort and Spa has provided travelers with a restful, intriguing vacation destination. A charming stonewalled, Dutch Colonial-style estate nestled on thousands of lush acres in the Pocono Mountains, Skytop Lodge combines the enchantment of old-world touches with modern comforts. Whether visiting during the colorful seasons of spring or fall, or the active summer season which is perfect for a family summer getaway or opt for Old Man Winter when snow turns the resort into a wintry wonderland, guests will enjoy 100's of outdoor of activities specially tailored to entertain children and adults alike. Hiking/biking trails provide guests with rare opportunities to get a firsthand look at some of the fragrant blossoms, animals and natural wonders of Skytop Lodge. Named one of the best resorts to host a family reunion by Travel+Leisure.com. And, voted one of the "Top 10 Amazing Hotels off the Tourist Trail" by Trip Advisor.