The server position at Taste of Smithfield is essential to delivering genuine southern hospitality to our guests. Our servers deliver both our concept and our food to patrons with grace and impeccable product knowledge. Teamwork is the backbone of our success. Our service team maintains a clean work environment for the benefit of our guests while executing service to the fullest.
- Greets all guests – restaurant and retail – with genuine southern hospitality.
- Presents restaurant guests with menus, gives a brief description of what our restaurant is all about, and suggestively sells.
- Communicates customer orders to kitchen staff; ensures orders are assembled properly prior to delivery and verifies customer satisfaction.
- Runs food as it hits the window no matter whose food it may be and assists any guest that may need assistance in the dining room.
- Pre-buses tables and ensures they are kept tidy and completely clear before check presentation.
- Observes principles of safe food handling and service. Follows all relevant health department rules and regulations.
- Processes payments.
- Promotes our retail shop to restaurant guests.
- Promotes our brand with knowledge and pride.
- Responsible for ongoing side work such as rolling silverware, slicing fruit for beverage garnish, restocking condiments on tables, and refilling condiments on tables.
- Performs other duties as required such as sweeping, mopping floors, bathrooms and taking out trash.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Previous serving experience in a high-volume restaurant setting, preferred.
- Strong food & beverage knowledge including beer, wine, and spirits.
- Must have a Food Handler’s Card or be willing to obtain prior to start date.
- Knowledge & awareness of health and safety issues.
- Ability to operate a POS register system including processing credit card and cash transactions.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Genuine commitment to excellence, success & great service.
- Team player, willingness to take direction, strong work ethic.