ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Controls food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings and informs staff of specials, upcoming events, etc.
- Enforcement of safety and sanitation procedures throughout the kitchen and according to Company procedures.
- Menu development and implementation of recipes, controls, portion, and presentation specifications.
- Maintain and ensure compliance of all policies and procedures.
- Daily operations of the kitchen, including doing regular walkthroughs to inspect the facility, delegating responsibility to bring kitchen to standard, and communicating all facilities needs to the proper department.
- Determining production needs and delegate appropriate tasks to the Sous Chefs and to oversee these tasks to conclusion.
- Determination of hiring needs for the department and coordinates those efforts with HR and the Executive Sous Chef.
- Administration of the outlet, including regular reports to the Executive Sous Chef, daily log entries about operations, team member evaluations, and daily time and attendance monitoring and approval.
- Develop training plans for the kitchen staff and ensures all kitchen staff are properly trained on food preparation, health and safety standards and requirements, and food quality.
- ·Monitoring training and performance of all employees in their department and provide direct instruction for the development of Sous Chefs. Coach their team to achieve desired results.
- Leadership development of the staff by leading by example and teaching specific desired leadership traits.
- Responsible for ordering, product specifications, quality of food products and end of month inventory; Maintain controls for reducing and tracking costs and waste.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED; Recognized Equivalent of a High School Diploma (RED) or Foreign High School Diploma (FHD).
- Ten (10) years of culinary experience, three (3) years of which need to be Sushi experience
- Five (5) years’ experience as Supervisor or Sous Chef
- All experience must be current within six (6) months of the application for employment
- Extensive knowledge of western and eastern menu development and Sushi trends
- Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper presentation
- Food safety and sanitation certifications as required by Federal, State and Local regulations
- Proven knowledge of proper food handling procedures
About Snoqualmie Casino
THE EXCEPTIONAL ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE
We’re building a legacy at Snoqualmie Casino by providing our guests an Exceptional Entertainment Experience. Team Members at every level have made the commitment to deliver on this promise every chance they can. The guest service practices that support this promise are:
· We appreciate that our guests have selected Snoqualmie Casino as their choice for entertainment.
· Support other team members – help them be successful in their jobs.
· Understand that when we’re on the floor we’re on stage.
· We deliver our promise to every guest on every visit.