The Wooster Inn is looking for an experienced Executive Chef able to lead the staff into 2018 and beyond. This individual would be responsible for:
• Creative and Cost effective Menu Design
• Training staff
• Kitchen cleanliness & Maintenance
• Ordering, Inventory, and Food Cost
• Controlling Labor Costs encouraging greater productivity of Kitchen Staff
• Leading production on the line during meal periods
• Creating and implementing the use of Production Sheets for each station
• Supervising the staff to insure consistent and proper production and recipe use
• Assigning staff to various tasks required to fulfill catering orders
• Follow and insure the implementation of all Wayne County Health Department rules and regulations
• Build a positive relationship with the Service Staff
• Interact with guests gathering feedback for future menu ideas and event planning
The Executive Chef must understand the market in which The Wooster Inn is located. Entrees and specials must be priced to appeal to the residents and potential guests of the area. Understanding the ebb and flow of seasonal pricing will be important to controlling overall food costs.
The Executive Chef will participate in the hiring of kitchen staff. Ultimately it is her/his responsibility to train staff members so that they are familiar and comfortable with all stations and preparation requirements of the operation. Encouraging staff to learn more and more skills will, in the end, free the Executive Chef to have more time for creativity and guest interaction.
This is a salaried position encompassing evenings and weekends. Ordinarily this position requires a five day work week encompassing about 45 hours depending on the demands of the business.
Eligible candidates will be asked to prepare an item and be tested on their culinary knowledge.
Salary will be determined by the level of experience and knowledge of the best potential hire.